This job might no longer be available.
Technical Animator / Rigger (Velan Studios - An EA Partner Studio)
New York United States
6 months ago
Please do not apply here through the EA careers site.
If you are interested please email your application directly to Velan - firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details visit https://www.velanstudios.com/
Velan Studios is a growing independent game developer focused on bringing ground-breaking new game experiences to existing and emerging game platforms. We are building a world-class development studio of developers who can blow game-players away with work that is both innovative and unconventional.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Technical Animator/Artist to join our team. If you’re brimming with curiosity and ready to create the best work of your career, we want to hear from you!
About the Role:
The Technical Animator will be a bridge between the Art/Animation team and our technical team, helping to drive the aesthetic direction of our game and characters, as well as the underlying technology and character animation pipeline. The Technical Animator will primarily focus on creating complex and expressive character rigs.
Summary of Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is an accomplished technical animator who can bring their experience with character and animation content creation to bear on multiple projects within the studio. The Technical Artist has a deep understanding of animation pipelines and the experience to define and improve animation pipelines and tools.
The candidate will create and maintain multiple rigs for our character-based game project, including skinning and weighting. In this role, the Technical Animator/Artist will work in a small team with the Game Director, Art Director, Character Artists, Animators and Gameplay Programmers to create eye-opening, visually-captivating experiences.
- 3+ years of game/film industry experience
- Expertise in rigging and skinning.
- Experience working in Unreal, Unity, or other AAA engines.
- Strong understanding of human movement, anatomy, facial movement and cloth animation.
- Experience building tools to improve animation pipelines across all aspects of game production.
- Strong working knowledge in 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Programming and/or Scripting experience. (Python, MEL, etc.)
- Self-driven and proactive in problem solving
- An excellent team player: passionate, scrappy, and deeply curious.
- Character modeling expertise
- Storyboarding and animatic development experience
- Experience with VFX or other technical art domains.
- Motion-matching or other modern techniques for character animation in games
- Strong Game Design sensibilities
To apply for this position, please your send resume, cover letter and a portfolio with descriptions of the work showcased to email@example.com . Be sure to reference the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
About Velan Studios:
Velan Studios’ mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a diverse team of seasoned developers who have worked at various AAA studios like Vicarious Visions, Naughty Dog, Harmonix, Nintendo, Avalanche Studios, Retro Studios, Industrial Light & Magic, and more. Velan Studios is based in Troy, NY.