This job might no longer be available.
Technical Animator [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
13 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Technical Animator at Massive, you'll be the link between animation and tech. You'll play an important role by ensuring stability and usability for your fellow team members. You'll be a part of a cross-functional team consisting of Technical Artists, Technical Animators, and Programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Closely collaborating with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the pipeline and the vision of what animation and rigging can be
- Rigging and skinning of a variety of characters, creatures, vehicles and gear
- Researching and keeping up to date with new rigging solutions to push our pipeline and workflows to the next level
- Develop and maintain tools for DCC packages using Python
- Test and Debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Collaborating with a team of technical animators to develop current and new tools
What you'll bring
You are enthusiastic about animation and the emerging technologies that surround them. You enjoy problem-solving. You are comfortable collaborating and communicating in a cross-functional team, by being an efficient communicator. You’re also open to feedback and enjoy a creative and innovative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Technical Animator (or equivalent)
- Efficient knowledge of Maya and Python
- Facial and body rigging experience is a benefit
- Professional experience in the video games industry is a benefit
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.