Technical Animation Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
15 days ago
Epic Games Fortnite Technical Animation Team is looking for a smart, creative Technical Animation Intern to join them for Summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you’ll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite ! Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic’s never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
- Help to create and maintain Rigs and Simulation for a variety of Fortnite's characters and assets
- Setting up assets in Unreal Engine 4; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Work alongside Fortnite's Artists and Animators to solve problems and deliver high quality assets
- Work closely with several mentors to develop and grow as a Technical Animator
- Well versed with rigging assets in Maya
- Comfortable using Unreal Engine
- Experience with Blueprints
- Understanding of Simulation Systems in engine (Cloth, Physics, Anim Dynamics)
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Exceptional problem-solver
- Understanding of Fortnite visual style.
- Strong Passion for Games
- Python experience is a plus
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary . Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.