Tech Writer, Epic Online Services (Contract)
Cary, NC United States of America
12 days ago
Epic Games is looking for a Technical Writer to help craft the documentation for Epic Online Services, our cross-platform game services platform.
Epic Online Services— composed of Friends, Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Achievements, and more —enable anyone to launch, operate, and scale great games with the same services Epic uses for its own games, including Fortnite, plus many additional services developed for the worldwide gaming community.
With users craving detailed information about how to use our latest cutting-edge features, we need skilled writers to meet the constant demand. If you’re a no-nonsense communicator with a technical bent and a passion for helping others make their dreams and visions become a reality, join us today!
- Identify and meet customer needs for technical documentation, best practices, and other instructional content
- Own the quality of the documentation for your assignments
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of your domain, and share it freely with colleagues and customers
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement through peer reviews
- Collaborate with development, support, and QA engineers to enhance the documentation
- Help shape the user experience by suggesting improvements to new features and workflows
- Demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning and understanding new technologies
- Keen technical curiosity, with outstanding research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down complex technical subjects and present them in an approachable way
- Clear and concise writing, with the ability to tailor style and vocabulary to the audience
- Strong drive to succeed and hunger for interesting challenges
- Commitment to following and improving team processes and style standards
- Professional experience as a writer or content manager
Nice to Have Skills
- Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content creation tools
- Programming skills in any language
- An eye for visuals and graphic design, and familiarity with image editing tools
- Experience with other methods of presenting learning content, such as recorded video tutorials, live video streams, or instructor-led training
- Experience with online technologies— backend services, REST APIs, client-server communications —in games or other technical industries
Got a mix of the skills and qualifications listed above? We’d love to hear from you.
This is going to be Epic!