7 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
In this role you will:
- Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
- Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
- Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
- Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
What we're looking for :
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
- Experience as a technical leader, designing and architecting the technical vision and serving as a mentor to other engineers
- Proven track record of operating live services
- Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.