Tech Lead SDK – Ubisoft Engineering & Platform (F/M/NB)
3 days ago
The Engineering and Platform team
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative engine behind the "Ubisoft IT Platform" project: a single platform, offering Ubisoft teams and studio access to a set of cloud services and infrastructure in a transparent and self-service manner.
In addition to allowing them to focus on their core business, the Ubisoft IT Platform will offer many key services and products to our game development studios (access control, secret management, authentication, database management, gateway API, tracking and billing dashboards, etc.).
The Engineering and Platform department is composed of several engineering teams working in Agile mode.
The success of the platform and its adoption will be tightly coupled to the quality of the Software Development Kit (SDK) that we are going to offer for this platform. Ubisoft developers are used to highly efficient SDKs from third party providers and we aim at building the most convenient of them all. The SDK should support multiple programming languages, have a clear documentation, simplify the workflows, have excellent performances and allows the collaboration of multiple teams.
As a SDK lead developer, you'll be joining a team who is responsible for building the SDK of the "Ubisoft IT Platform". You'll lead the design, implementation and documentation of the Software Development Kit as well as the support of our users in their mission to create applications and games which utilizes the platform. Of course you'll also be responsible for the release process of the SDK that includes package management creation, handling external collaborations and testing. As well, you will be responsible for coaching your teammates, establish the baseline and participate in the technical guidance of the department by creating new guidelines and technical standards needed to lead other developers.
If you strive for engineering's best practices, working on the central piece which will empower many of Ubisoft developers, working with different programming languages, automating the continuous integration of new features and working with a distributed team, this is the opportunity you're looking for!
The main tasks of this position are to:
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices
- Work with engineering and product team to define, architect, develop, launch, and maintain the platform's SDK
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure high-quality product delivery that brings the best experience to Ubisoft developers
- Build and influence engineering culture by establishing the best engineering practices and standards
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards
- Develop sophisticated and user-friendly SDK documentation
- You have relevant experiences using multiple programming languages and understand specific language intricacies
- You have built a SDK or multiple new successful APIs or worked on the integration with multiple APIs
- You have worked with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc...) and distributed systems
- You enjoy working with continuous delivery and continuous integration pipelines and especially testing practices
- You have a very good understanding of best development practices and industry standards (RFC, etc...)
- You have a proven ability to technically lead a project and coach junior members of a team
- English is required both orally and in writing, the team is distributed between Paris, Montreal and San Francisco.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.