Tech Lead Programmer
16 days ago
As the tech lead, you are the go-to in your field. You’re a technical specialist who will assess issues and be responsible for the technical choices and performances of the systems you specialize in. You’ll produce code of your own, and define best practices in your area of expertise.
- Oversee technical mandates by collaborating with the lead programmer, architect, and/or team lead programmer
- Act as a senior programmer and help program high-risk elements
- Work with technical directors from other working units (design, graphic design, animation, sound, etc.) to ensure the efficiency of the systems
- Assess performances on a regular basis and optimize systems
- Proactively suggest enhancements and technological choices
- Advise the architect and/or lead programmer by suggesting corrective measures to meet project objectives
- Be a reference for team members for technical issues
- Mentor the programming team
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You love finding the most efficient solutions to the hardest programming problems, and you’re the first to suggest them to your project so they can meet their milestones. Your teammates see you as a resource and mentor in your field. Besides the above, we are looking for some aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent training or experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game or similar industry
- Extensive knowledge of C#/C ++ programming and debugging
- Solid proficiency in optimization techniques
- Excellent understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low-level optimizations)
- Strong understanding of the Agile process
- Good understanding of software engineering principles, e.g. Object Oriented programming, ECS, etc
- Excellent understanding of CPU and GPU bottlenecks
- Strong 3D math
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .