Tech Lead - Game Services - Game Publishing
9 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Tech Lead - Game Services - Game Publishing
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Lead to join our Battle.net Game Services Game Publishing team!
You will work on building out a talented team that develops scalable, highly performant game services and interact across Blizzard to integrate and operate that platform in collaboration with all our games. This role focuses on improving and building on a game publishing and distribution backend application used by game team stakeholders around the company. Should have a strong focus on working in server-side C++ applications and an ability to debug and iterate on C++ code bases quickly. The current primary goal is to contribute to the Game Publishing front-end application that manages and distributes many of the titles from Activision Blizzard, including Diablo 3, Overwatch, WoW and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The Battle.net Game Services group develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When you login, send a friend request, a whisper, or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, alongside millions of other players simultaneously, GS is right there. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new group, in service to our players we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, GS is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
You will lead a team that is at the focal point of publishing and distribution of games at Blizzard and would be involved in some fashion on nearly every major release!
• Lead and build a talented team to develop technology to enable publishing of all major Activision Blizzard titles.
• Work with Product Management to execute on high impact product objectives.
• Architect and provide hands on development on the publishing tech stack.
• Set best practices and standards within the team.
• Coordinate with internal and external development teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
• Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
• Manage, support, and guide the careers of a developers on the team.
• Serve as an active partner within the larger Game Service leadership group.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Excellent communication skills and experience in managing engineers
• Advanced understanding of C++
• Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
• Strong data-structure, logic, and algorithm skills
• Knowledge of network and server security issues
• Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
• Experience with protocol and API design
• Database schema development experience
• Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
• Previous technical leadership experience
• Python development and usage in a full stack application
• Hands on Angular development
• GCP/AWS or other public cloud experience
• Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
• Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure
• Experience supporting a live service.
• Enthusiastic about supporting a live service
• A passion for both video games, and technology
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!