For a new prototyping team Paladin is looking for a Technical Designer. Your responsibility is to design and prototype new ideas. You have a knack for game feel, and know how to polish the gameplay experience. Within the team you bridge design and tech, ensuring a well oiled, tight knit and highly productive team.
During the prototyping phase you will be part of a small team working full time in our studio in The Hague. Working on site will be in accordance with government regulations and guidelines.
More details about the project and position will be provided during the first interview.
- Work closely together with the team to solve creative problems
- Owning the game feel, ensuring an excellent gameplay experience
- Support designers and artists with solid content creation tools
- Validate design concepts with quick prototypes
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of the technical and creative game design process
- Passion for making mechanics and systems feel good
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with prototyping
- Creativity and imagination
What could help:
- Physics based game experience
- Multiplayer game development experience
- Experience working with existing IP
- Creativity : You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions
- Accountability : Taking responsibility for your own actions and those of your colleagues
- Flexibility : Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative : Recognizing and creating opportunities
- 2+ year of experience, and shipped at least 1 game
- A strong passion for making games
- Experience with design and prototyping
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- Able to work 40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen : We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark : We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted : We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship : We are in this together
- Autonomy : We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.