3D Technical Artist (World of Warships)
20 days ago
Wargaming Belgrade is a game development studio in Serbia and a key member of the Wargaming global network. Our studio is home to talented and dedicated teams of game developers, artists, and designers, one of them being World of Warships team, who are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
Join our 3D Art department - a team of professionals who are passionate in making models of steel giants that players lead to battles. We are seeking a passionate and skilled Tech Artist to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a blend of artistic sensibility and technical expertise, bridging the gap between artists and engineers. You will be able to enhance your skills in tools creating process, and, what's most important, make your contribution to the most enjoyable naval game being played around the globe!
Our future colleague will report to 3D Tech Art Supervisor.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with both the art and programming teams to streamline and enhance graphics production workflows.
- Develop tools, scripts, and workflows in Autodesk Maya to facilitate the creation and optimization of art assets.
- Provide technical support to artists and troubleshoot any issues they encounter.
- Integrate and test art assets in the game engine to ensure their visual quality and performance.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies and techniques to enhance our graphics pipeline.
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya is essential.
- Strong scripting skills in Python.
- Solid understanding of version control systems, specifically Git.
- Good understanding of 3D graphics principles and techniques.
- Proven experience in a similar role or demonstrated portfolio.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both artists and programmers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Familiarity with other 3D software tools and game engines.
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques.
- Russian language
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English clubs and platform for learning languages
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.