This job might no longer be available.
Technical Art Lead
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
6 months ago
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break® , Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Technical Art Lead for a key role.
As a Technical Art Lead, you will work shoulder to shoulder and lead a team of highly talented Technical Artists and help create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
- Lead the Tech Art team members and help them to make the most out of their day-to-day work
- Explore new ways and techniques to build non-destructive and procedural pipelines and tools for content creation
- Craft and streamline processes, workflows and pipelines for our environment artists to enable daily content creation and rapid iteration
- Closely collaborate and communicate with artists and engineers to find out requirements and define the tech art pipeline and associated workflows
- Actively share insight, expertise and best practices with the Tech Art team and colleagues in other teams
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Artist in the gaming industry with a preference of previous work on AAA titles
- Excellent understanding of multiple DCC’s (Maya, 3ds Max, Blender)
- Experience of developing tools for production and Python/MEL scripting experience
- Experience of working with different game engines, proprietary tools and development processes
The ideal candidate will also have
- Former team leading experience and strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong background with C#, accompanied with solid debugging skills
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience and understanding of Universal Scene Description and portable data structures
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.