Tech Art Internship - Fortnite
11 days ago
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite team is looking for a Technical Artist Intern to join them for 2022. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you’ll collaborate across teams. Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to create content and tools for Fortnite.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Implement work in the project with basic Blueprints
- Aid with new tool development using Blueprint scripts within Unreal Engine
- Must provide portfolio of work demonstrating relevant projects
- Ability to create basic node-based materials in Unreal Engine
- Basic modeling skills in max/maya, sculpting in Zbrush
- Basic texture painting skills in PS/ substance painter or designer
- Understanding of FX (especially for the Niagara system) is considered a plus
- Understanding of basic game logic and Blueprints
- Ability to light and render in Unreal Engine
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.