Team Lead [Uplay PC]
Düsseldorf NRW de
4 days ago
We’re looking for a Team Lead to join the Uplay project; Ubisoft’s digital distribution platform. You will join a multi-disciplinary team, where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and is encouraged to continue learning new things. The Uplay team is characterized by passion and the love of PC gaming. You will work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
You will manage a small but growing team of programmers who develop shared solutions to support live operations of our games. You will be responsible for the overall development and staffing of the team in order to achieve the strategic direction and objectives set in the team. You must possess excellent organization and communication skills, and strong team management skills to support the team.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Ensure the administrative monitoring of the team (e.g. absence planning and validation and business trips planning, etc)
- Identify recruitment needs and participates in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Do regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Define team member development and career path opportunities with team members and mentor them to achieve goals.
- Take care of performance ratings and provide constant transparency for it with our internal tools
- Anticipate and recognize potential team-related risks & conflicts and recommend solutions to management
- Maintain excellent knowledge on Ubisoft and especially Team Management processes, reinforce them and propose enhancements as per the reality in the operational field
- Suggest and perform improvement methods for tasks organization within the team
You as a person
You have excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. You are passionate about technology and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends in your domain. To succeed in this position; you have great managerial experience and a big interest of making strong teams and driving learning and development. You are highly supportive, helping your team to do get things done efficiently with a proactive problem-solving mindset. You show integrity in everything that you do and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers. You are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Besides what is stated above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Team Lead/ Manager or other relevant experience
- Experience/ knowledge in technologies and software development, desired but not mandatory
- Working style is very responsive and task handling is strongly reliable
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple international teams
- Highly supportive, helping your team to get things done efficiently with a proactive problem-solving mindset
- Being enthusiastic and cultivating it for on-going learning and development
- Encourage change and manage the implementation of new ideas.
- Excellent self-organization and able to work autonomously
- Ability to adapt to change & flexibility in organizing work
Nice to have:
- Affinity with technology and ability to grasp technical issues on a high level
- Experience with software engineering
- Passion for computer games
- Knowledge of Scrum methodologies
- Experience with JIRA
- Confluence knowledge
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to join us.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Avatar", "Far Cry", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a Team Lead - Uplay PC (f/m/d)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).