Team Lead (Programming) – Assassin's Creed
12 days ago
As a team lead, you will guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technologies needed to create the games that Ubisoft fans have come to expect. Your technological know-how, leadership skills, and ability to make informed decisions will help you fulfill your ambitions. Your work will be filled with passion and pride.
Driven by a desire to see your team members flourish, you will support them in their professional development by seeing to their well-being, acting as their spokesperson in meetings with other teams and management, and ensuring that each person is in a position that stimulates them and lets them shine.
Your global vision and deep understanding of what everyone does on your team will allow you to coordinate the work and multiply the results of everyone’s efforts. What motivates you the most is to see your team grow and deliver quality, consistent systems that will help provide the rich gaming experience our players are looking for.
What you’ll do
- Distribute tasks and follow-up on the progress of the various projects during team meetings.
- Provide your team with the tools they need to work independently and contribute to the long-term technological vision of the projects.
- Meet individually with each member of your team to discuss performance, well-being, and career advancement.
- Go over notable bugs and determine the best way to fix them.
- Communicate regularly with leads in other disciplines to plan ahead, assess risks, and deliver on time.
- Code alongside your team members.
- Keep your project lead informed of the progress of your assignments and meet with other leads, both on your project and others, to discuss ways to improve processes and share technologies.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in game programming
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand.)
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.