Team Lead Programmer
Winnipeg MB ca
15 days ago
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft Canadian studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
You are social, dynamic and friendly. You are the glue that binds people together. As a multi-talented individual, you have a passion for all things technology and love to dabble in any field of coding. You have learned the great lesson in life: that by working together as a team, we are stronger and can accomplish so much more. You dedicate yourself to bringing people together, building a team to create synergies in a way that makes everyone shine!
What you’ll do
- Lead a programming team to develop new technologies and game systems;
- Inspire the people around you to be their very best;
- Build and mentor a world-class programming team;
- Strike a balance between coding, supporting team members, and management tasks;
- Determine the tech needs for the team, working with the Technical Leads;
- Work with production staff, designers and artists to create task and schedule estimates for the programming team;
- Help establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation;
- Continually review the development process and identify areas that need improvement.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer;
- 1+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Programmer;
- Extensive knowledge of programming and debugging in C/C++, C# or another language;
- Proactive nature, the ability to self-motivate, and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to collaborate and work well with other teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Interest in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Experience in the video game industry is a strong asset;
- Experience using one or more commercial game engines is an asset.
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we believe it is not work experience, education or training alone that qualify you to work on our team. A deep passion to build and create, a personal arsenal of innovative solutions to problems developed from an inner calling – we place considerable worth in your personal accomplishments because we recognize that the value they bring to our creative, innovative culture is immeasurable.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture. We believe we are stronger together.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.