This job might no longer be available.
Team Lead Level Designer
Toronto ON ca
6 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Team Lead Level Designer at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Team Lead Level Designer, you will be responsible for defining and realizing the level design vision and pillars. You will be in charge of the Level Design team and work closely with them to ensure a gameplay experience of the highest possible quality.
The daily life of a Team Lead Level Designer at Ubisoft Toronto
- Review and feedback level design to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game;
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts;
- Oversee the day-to-day work of the Level Design team; maintaining a quality bar in the mission gameplay experience;
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the level design team;
- Work closely with the Level Design team to facilitate and promote different core and class mechanics;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations;
- Be able to take charge of Level design as a discipline while promoting and building a strong cooperative culture with other disciplines;
- Carry out performance follow ups and assessments;
- Participate in the selection of team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation;
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- College diploma in Game Design. Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset).
- 5+ years as a Senior Level Designer or Lead Level Designer on at least two AAA titles.
- Experience supervising a level design team a significant asset.
- Any other relevant experience.
- Absolute passion for making games;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure their own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule);
- Communication skills (inter-team, etc.);
- Management and planning skills;
- Ability to adapt to situations;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Client focus (internal and external).
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.