Team Lead Level Design
5 days ago
In this role at Ubisoft Montréal, you will lead a small level design team for which you will create and distribute tasks. You will also oversee its productivity and make sure it meets the deadlines and quality standards defined by the Project Lead (CP)/Production Manager (PM).
In charge of a part of the development of the game, you will supervise and validate the work of your team members. You will also coach them and offer training opportunities. Always a good listener, you’ll also know how to mobilize them and contribute to their well-being for the whole duration of the project.
What you’ll do
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and their advancement with regards to deliverables.
- Represent your team.
- Organize and lead productive team meetings.
- Know the game’s story and gameplay and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead your team.
- Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/Production manager (PM) on the advancement of your team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives.
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/Production manager (PM) for your team.
- Be a mentor for team members in terms of technical/artistic aspects.
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/Production Manager (PM).
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to your team’s work.
- Help recruit new team members and ensure that new employees are well integrated.
What you bring
- College diploma in a video game-related field (or equivalent)
- Certification or experience in project management (an asset)
- Two to four years of experience in game design (or equivalent)
- Participation in at least one complete game production (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Knowledge of databases (like JIRA and Perforce) and of the MS Office suite (an asset)
- Leadership enabling you to build productive teams and assign tasks in an efficient way
- Great time and priority management skills benefiting your whole team
- Good collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills (French and English)
- Resourcefulness and sense of initiative helping you find innovative solutions
- Stress and change management skills
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (if applicable—attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.