This job might no longer be available.
Team Lead Game Design M/F
Montpellier Occitanie fr
11 days ago
Description du poste
The Team Lead Game Design M/F will support the Project Lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM) in overseeing work quality and deadlines for the small team. The incumbent will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members while overseeing part of the development of the game (where necessary).
The main and routine tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Assign / allocate and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
- Recruit and manage the team by participating in:
- The performance assessments of the team members in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM);
- The recruitment and integration of new employees joining the team;
- Organize the team (nominates relays, …) accordingly with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM);
Become the “go to person” when it comes to Design, for the other team leads and the board members of the project;
- Organize & lead team meetings, spread and ensure an overall access to information for each member of Design teams;
Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints to be able to lead/coach the team;
- Draft regular reports on the advancement of the team’s work for the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM), and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project milestones;
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) for the team;
Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team he/she must supervise);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Game design
- Prior management experience required
- Prototyping skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team towards a goal
- Ability to communicate constructive feedback, both written and oral
- Rigor and organization
- Proactive, appreciating teamwork in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent English and French, spoken and read / written.
- Good communication both written and oral (produce clear and quality presentations)
- Passionate about games and design.
- Knowledge of JIRA desirable, mastery of pack office
Ubisoft strives to develop a work environment that reflects in its teams the diversity of player communities. Ubisoft offers equal opportunity in employment regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age.
Description de l'entreprise
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds and real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow players to learn and discover themselves.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and grow with passionate and pioneering teams from all over the world. You will be a part of an exciting and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create worlds that fascinate our players
In the context of its development, we are looking for a Team Lead Game Design M/F to join the Beyond Good and Evil 2 team, in Ubisoft Montpellier.