Team Lead- Development
Montreal QC ca
7 days ago
The Team Lead manages a team of 6-10 developers who are responsible for delivering products that provide value as part of Ubisoft’s global Agile teams.
As the team lead, you’ll support the Product Owner (PO) and Scrum Master (SM) by driving the technical vision and empowering developers located in Montreal and in Bucharest (Romania) to deliver business value.
These products help Ubisoft gamers experience, through tools used by Ubisoft agents to provide support to gamers and through channels that gamers can use for help. These products are based on .Net technology, React and Salesforce Service Cloud.
The main tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Ensure that technical choices make sense within Ubisoft’sglobal eco system and present these choices outside the team, typically to management;
- Help Product Owner and Scrum Master’ assert their mandate within the project limit and reinforce it whenever necessary;
- Ensurethe technical viability of the products delivered and mentor the team to act in a similar manner;
- Provide senior solutions to issues or requests on which project team needs help;
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Ubisoft and especially IT processes, reinforce them and propose enhancements;
- Identify evolution, development and career path opportunities for each team members;
- Identify “Key Members” and make suggestions for the retention policy;
- Manage team staffing in coordination with the domain Manager and Production Manager ;
- Help the product owner and the development team arbitrate technical choices;
- Participate in development or project management when necessary;
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 5 years’ experience in software development
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- 2 years’ experience in management.
- Strong knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures;
- Knowledge of Web Development technology, especially .Net and React;
- Knowledge of DevOps principles;
- Knowledge of Agile practices ;
- Knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud an asset;
- Bilingualism (Français et anglais).
- Encourage change and manage the implementation of new ideas;
- Creative, curious and innovative; suggest system improvements and offer alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear ;
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behaviour consistent with words;
- Ability to detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts ;
- Good team player, able to enter relationships based on openness, mutual respect and positive energy ;
- Foster a “do the right thing attitude” and take initiative beyond job specificities to have the projects/task advance .
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in Montreal, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.