Team Lead - Developer Networking Solutions
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
If you're bold and not afraid to push the boundaries, we'd be delighted to welcome you to our IT team and especially to our Hybrid Cloud Networking team.
This new team aims to make network services available on cloud computing and its main mission is to make life easier for our internal IT partners when they use them. As a Cloud Networking Developer, you will be responsible for developing and operating its services to facilitate the use of infrastructure, in the premises or in the public cloud, of the multi-cloud environment.
Automation is the key to product success, that's why you will be involved in an environment with technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Python, Go, Terraform, AWS, GitLabCI and much more!
Alongside the manager, you will lead a team of talented developers to ensure the success of the team and to achieve the orientations and objectives set. In addition, you will be responsible for coaching and giving your team the tools they need to achieve their goals.
- Understand the needs, assist in the design and choice of tools and techniques used, such as Load Balancing Services, Firewall Services and DNS services;
- Ensure that services are compatible with a multi-cloud environment and that they are properly implemented;
- Act as the main interface between the team and the various internal and external partners of the private or public cloud, servers and storage teams, to help achieve the project objectives;
- Provide high-level solutions to problems or requests for which the team needs help;
- Encourage the use of appropriate channels to streamline knowledge and skills within the team;
- Identify opportunities for the evolution, development and career development of each team member;
- Create an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and team cohesion.
Relevant experience and training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in information systems, computer science, software development or a related field;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in computer science, ideally in an environment with more than 500 servers;
- Minimum 1 year experience in technical team management;
- Experience in software development.
Skills and Competencies
- DevOps oriented, Infrastructure Code (IaC);
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructures, (AWS, GCP, Azure) or on-prem (OpenStack);
- Knowledge of Python, Go;
- Knowledge of automation (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Pulumi);
- Knowledge of CI/CD, pipelines (Gitlab);
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing or firewall technologies is a plus;
- Curiosity, personal motivation, customer-oriented and ability to manage a constantly changing environment with shifting priorities;
- Set a good example (role model), good team spirit, able to build relationships based on openness, mutual respect, consistent communication behavior and positive energy;
- Both English and French, spoken and written, are required.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.