Team Lead Data Center
Montreal QC ca
11 days ago
As Team Lead Data Center, you will join Ubisoft's IT department (Global Network Services) in Montreal, and more specifically, the Hosting team (~70 people spread between Montreal, Montreuil, Shanghai and Singapore) which provides hosting and connectivity IT services for all of Ubisoft's games and services.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for the Montreal-based Data Center teams (6 to 8 data center experts). The team's mission is to provide integration of all of the physical equipment required in the Data Center including PDUs, servers, racks, network and cabling. The expertise of this integration resides within the team operating in several Data Centers in Montreal but also in the USA and Asia.
As a Team Lead Data Center, your responsibilities are to:
- Contribute and lead efforts/projects to ensure the maintenance and support of the current data center infrastructure;
- Manage day-to-day operations (management of priorities, task allocation, escalations and incidents...);
- Plan and ensure the team has the necessary equipment to smoothly run daily operations;
- Collect the network needs of internal partners (Network Team, Compute, etc.) and propose effective solutions to meet them;
- Work closely with the entire GNS Hosting team worldwide;
- Intervene on an ad hoc basis on technical incidents.
Skills and competencies:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on IT teams;
- Experience in managing technical teams;
- Good understanding of data center operations;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and make complex information accessible and understandable;
- Ability to evolve in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- College diploma in technology or equivalent experience;
- English (spoken and written) is a considerable asset.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts such as networking, storage, virtualization or backup;
- Interest in video games.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.