18 days ago
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full time Tax Manager for its Accounting department. The position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Controller. This position will manage one Sr. tax analyst.
- Responsible for the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations. Taxes include but not limited to Federal and state Income Tax, Sales Tax, Use Tax, Gross Receipt and Payroll Tax, Property Tax, and Excise Tax.
- Validate sales tax calculation and collection on monthly basis. Continuously support E-commerce projects from sales and use tax perspective.
- Work with consulting firms on the study of the base erosion and anti-abuse tax (BEAT) included in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Assist the company to pursue Georgia Gaming tax credit. Explore the opportunity of applying R&D Credits, E-Sports Credit, and Georgia Job Tax Credits.
- Work as tax SME to support business by reviewing contract provision, analyzing tax implications for business initiative, and recommending solutions for logistics, etc.
- Work as a liaison with Tax consulting firm on preparing provision, R&D credit analysis, Transfer Pricing justification, benefit related tax and other tax related questions.
- Responsible for IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Lead the efforts of tax planning. Evaluate the tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations.
- Develop recommendations to keep our business compliant with various local, state, and federal tax regulations. Advise management on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Serve as a main contact with vendors, customers, co-workers, management, HQ, other affiliates and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns. Public CPA firm experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.