17 days ago
Tax Advisory & Projects
- Identifying tax risks and opportunities arising in the business and proposing and implementing solutions (e.g., permanent establishment risk, transfer pricing risk)
- Leading on tax advisory elements of group projects including group restructuring, transfer pricing transformation and intercompany debt rationalisation
- Providing VAT tax technical advice where there are business changes – for example on new webstore arrangements
- Providing employer tax advice as required, in particular in relation to internationally mobile employees
- Review of contracts and legal documentation for tax implications as required
- Co-ordinating the implementation of group projects (e.g., dormant companies elimination)
- Providing advice on cross-border VAT/customs duty to Operations department
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes in the tax law and potential opportunities and risks (e.g., new R&D reliefs, changes in tax rates)
Tax Accounting and Reporting
- Quarterly group tax reporting including preparation of the UK tax packs, preparation and review of the overseas tax packs and tax consolidation
- Analysis of deferred tax provisions, including analysis of forecast business performance to maximise recognition of deferred tax assets
- Analysis of corporate interest restrictions, uncertain tax provisions & calculation of transfer pricing adjustments
- Leading on tax matters as they impact the quarterly and annual external audit
- Monitoring effective tax rate, and identifying strategies to normalise ETR where possible
- Preparing reports for Japan reconciling impact of tax adjustments on ETR for SEE business
- Preparation and review of the tax notes to the accounts in the UK statutory financial statements
- Make IR35 status determinations for contractors working in the business
- Ensure compliance with employment tax areas including completion of the PAYE Settlement Agreement, operation of share schemes, employee relocations and review of Short-Term Business Visitors arrangements
- Ensure compliance with Senior Accounting Officer regime and maintain appropriate documentation to evidence compliance
- Responsibility for tax budgeting and co-ordinating the work of external advisors
- Corporate tax filing for UK companies
Executive Director, Group Head of Finance – Europe, Financial Controller, Senior Accounting Manager, HR and external advisors
Knowledge & Experience:
- CTA qualified or equivalent
- Well-rounded knowledge and experience in VAT, corporate tax and transfer pricing
- Experience of cross border and international transactions/issues
- ADIT qualified or equivalent
- Particular experience in VAT
- Experience in employment tax
- Previous tax compliance and advisory experience in Top 10 accounting firm
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Excel proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across the business with colleagues of all levels
- Ability to deliver accurately and within tight deadlines, with a high level of pro-activeness
- Tax calculation software (Onesource Corporate Tax and iXBRL tagging software skills or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a team of tax professionals
- Previous experience of Agresso, SAP or similar ERP software
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Hybrid Working Policy
Square Enix is pleased to be an employer that offers flexibility within the workplace.
We have a hybrid working policy which allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, three days per week, and in our amazing Blackfriars office for the other two.
Or, if being in the Office is your preference, you can choose three days working from our office and two days working from home. The choice is yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.