16 days ago
Redwood City, CA - Corporate Headquarters (Hybrid on/off-site)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to give new ways to play.
EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us.
We are looking for an important contributor to the Tax team to support the tax reporting and compliance function. In this role, the Tax Manager reports into the Senior Manager, Income Tax Accounting and will be a member of the team that prepares the quarterly and annual tax provision and U.S. federal and state tax returns. We are looking for someone who will grow and develop as a tax professional. Our focus is to build a strong culture of teamwork and communication. Love of video games is also a plus.
You will be based in Electronic Art's Headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA.
- Review and prepare quarterly and annual tax provision requirements under ASC 740
- Retrieve and analyze financial data across all legal entities
- Conduct interim pre-tax book income analysis in conjunction with the transfer pricing team
- Model potential tax accounting implications of tax planning initiatives
- Review quarterly and annual ASC 718 (FAS 123R) calculations
- Responsible for collecting, understanding, and reporting worldwide accounting for uncertain tax positions (FIN 48)
- Review of final quarterly and annual journal entries
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls
- Support federal, state, and international tax compliance preparation, including book tax differences
- 7+ years income tax provision and/or federal and state income tax compliance experience
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740 (corporate income tax accounting, uncertain tax positions, stock-based compensation)
- Knowledge and working experience with OneSource Tax Provision, Oracle Essbase, and Hyperion is a plus
- Excited to learn, grow, and develop
- Versatile, adaptive, willing, and excited to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, eager to get into the data or detail
- Good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- CPA, MS in Tax, or JD preferred
What's in it for you? Glad you asked! We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class content, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.