13 days ago
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft Canadian studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Who you are
Talent Acquisition – hiring only those who fit our innovation and family culture – is one of our top priorities as we grow our studio. The HR team in Winnipeg is on the hunt for an experienced Talent Specialist with the skills to seek out and hire the talented people we require to support and drive our success. As the Talent Specialist, you demonstrate expertise in the areas you’re hiring for, and you know the ins and outs of the production teams they will join. You can define the requirements the best candidates should have, and you can identify those candidates when you discover them. You’ve got what it takes to drive business at every stage of the hiring process, and you know how, and where, to find our elite talent.
As our ideal Talent Specialist, you are highly strategic and skilled at sourcing. You can combine research with business and market savvy to find the individuals who belong on our team to fit into our roles. You care about every interaction with candidates, your team and with Ubisoft. You are the quintessential people-person and building relationships is your jam. The positive impression you leave everyone with whether on a call, online, or in person, is something you take incredible pride in. When it comes to talking and listening, you’ve got the gift. After reading this, if you’re feeling pumped to share the buzz about Ubisoft Winnipeg, we’re pumped to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Develop an awareness of local and global competitors, industry trends, game studio opens/closures;
- Lead the development of the talent search strategy to attract top candidates across a competitive landscape, using research, profile development, networking and direct sourcing;
- Map out individual markets and gather intelligence around game development and tech industries and talent pools;
- Strategically utilize a variety of recruitment methods and tools like LinkedIn, online research, and events to engage highly passive, sought after candidates;
- Be accountable for multiple requisitions and track both high volume and niche candidate pipelines;
- Support and advise hiring managers in the recruitment and selection process;
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience to every applicant;
- Represent Ubisoft Winnipeg at industry events, using the opportunity to network and interact with potential candidates.
What you bring
- Minimum of 5 years of recruitment experience; preferably in gaming, technology, or creative/entertainment industry;
- An interest in games and technology; you don’t need to know how to code or make a video game, however, you have an appreciation for what we do;
- Enjoyment for the challenges of hunting for great people;
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful finding active and passive job seekers;
- Recruitment experience in both agency and corporate environments;
- Skilled in direct sourcing techniques and other innovative means of talent sourcing in the tech and game market;
- A proven track record for recruiting in fast-paced and creative environments;
- Strong communication skills; you know how to build relationships because you are sincerely interested in engaging with people and learning about their backgrounds;
- The ability to be a listener; you are hungry for context and information;
- A passion for being organized; juggling candidates, schedules, and time zones you are able to prioritize and fit everything in;
- Initiative; you have the capacity to make important decisions and are driven by results.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.