Talent & Learning Advisor
17 days ago
Talent & Learning Advisor
📍 Wakefield (Hybrid)
Following the introduction of the Talent Development Manager role to Team17, we have created a three-person Learning Team with specialisations in a variety of areas, introduced Level Up Time – our protected learning time for all teamsters, run themed learning weeks throughout the year, launched a new learning platform to encourage self-driven learning and share subject matter expertise, started a Learning Library and an online book club. We are working towards a business-aligned and human-centred Talent Development Strategy
What You Will be Working on as a Talent & Learning Advisor
As one of our Talent & Learning Advisors, you will play a vital role in ensuring that Team17 is constantly growing and developing. You will design and deliver training and create & curate content that promotes a culture of continuous learning as part of a collaborative and future-thinking Talent Development team.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts to support them to create learning content for the business
- Learner engagement and LMS management in our new platform, Level Up Hub
- Project Support directly impacting the Talent Development Strategy
- Working with the wider HR team to support cross-functional initiatives
- Facilitating virtual learning events
- Resolving learning and performance enquiries
What You’ll Need
Learning and Development Expertise: You have an understanding of evidence-based adult learning principles and are familiar with a range of methods to support a digital-first learning strategy including; developing learning solutions, Instructor-led delivery, Performance Consultation, Content Curation and Creation, Marketing for Learning and LMS Management. You are able to use data to evaluate the effectiveness and Return-on-Effort.
Relationship Building: You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships quickly and effectively. You have experience working with diverse groups of people, such as different teams within an organisation and ones externally.
Strategic Thinking: You are able to think strategically and develop long-term plans for learning and development initiatives in line with the Talent Development Strategy. You are able to identify areas for continuous improvement, develop action plans, and achieved measurable results.
Project Management: You have experience managing learning projects, such as developing new training programmes or organising large-scale events. You are able to plan and execute these projects effectively.
Communication and Engagement Skills: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to convey information in a clear and concise manner. You effectively communicate with different groups of people, such as team members, stakeholders, and external partners.
Industry Knowledge: It would be great if have a general understanding of the Games industry and or wider tech industry, including its trends and challenges.
Even if you don’t quite tick every of the criteria above but still possess the core and transferrable skills for the role, then we’d still be keen to hear from you.
What's In It For You?
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares for all Teamsters!
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- BUPA private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and BUPA Dental along with structured internal support for mental wellbeing
- Work anywhere! We offer hybrid working from home or one of our three offices. We also support remote working opportunities where possible.
- Game Console loans of up to £500, game keys, access to our annual Team17 Fest, free use of arcade games and pool tables, office gaming competitions. Oh and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process for the Talent & Learning Advisor role is made up of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 (60 minutes) – A first discussion with our Talent Development Manager, Roxy Allen, and a member of our Talent Acquisition team. This will be an exploration into your experience to date along with assessing your skills in relation to the role.
- Stage 2 (60 minutes) – A second interview to assess your communication and engagement skills with our HR Director and a member of our Production team. There will be a short task for you to deliver which will be briefed in advance of the interview.
- Stage 3 (30 minutes) – A final, informal meeting with our Learning & Development Analyst, Joe Doherty.
To allow you to prepare as best as possible for your interview, we will provide you with a selection of core questions that the team will ask. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this, please contact us on email@example.com
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. We can provide suitable adjustments for during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments.
Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.