Talent Assessment Specialist
5 days ago
Job Title:Talent Assessment Specialist
Job Title: Talent Assessment Specialist
Reporting To: Performance and Talent Assessment Expert
Location: Initially remote, and then will be based in Santa Monica
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Performance and Talent Assessment practice within Activision Blizzard is responsible for designing and implementing assessments throughout our organization of almost 10,000 employees. With an ambitious roadmap for 2021, we are transforming how Activision Blizzard selects, supports, and develops its employees around the world.
As Talent Assessment Specialist, you will work closely with our colleagues in Talent Acquisition, Succession Planning, Talent Operations and beyond to deliver fair, informative, and valid assessments for employees and applicants alike.
Reporting to the Performance and Talent Assessment Expert, you will be involved throughout our assessment projects, from initial scoping with our internal customers, all the way through to design, implementation, and monitoring. For some projects you’ll be doing the work of building the assessment: for others, you’ll be helping select and manage external vendors to do the work for us.
Project and task management skills are vital: you’ll need to be comfortable switching your focus between multiple concurrent projects, responding to shifting priorities and accommodating requests for support from our colleagues.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the scoping, design and implementation of talent assessment initiatives across selection, development and succession planning.
- Support the selection and management of assessment vendors.
- Support Executive Resourcing by interpreting candidates’ assessment results.
- Conduct validations, ROI studies, adverse impact, and other analyses, working with colleagues in Talent Analytics.
- Work with subject matter experts to update and customize behavioral and technical competency frameworks.
- Design and delivery learning materials to support the deployment of assessments.
- At least 5 years of experience in talent assessments role within a commercial (preferably global) setting, with at least 2 of those in an in-house role.
- Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or equivalent qualification, preferred.
- Experience of designing and/or implementing pre-hire online assessments, interviewing methodologies, and other talent selection methods.
- Experience of validating pre-hire assessments within the US.
- Experience of communicating complex information to a diverse audience.
- Knowledge of US EEOC requirements and Uniform Guidelines as they relate to talent acquisition and assessment.
- Knowledge of psychometric principles and assessment design.
- Familiarity with assessment solutions of major vendors.
- Ability to vary content and style of communication to successfully engage stakeholders.
- Project and process management skills.
- Inventive and creative problem-solving.
- Time-management and prioritization.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of designing and/or implementing assessments used to develop talent and identify high potential employees.
- Experience in compiling or customizing behavioral and technical competency frameworks.
- Certified user of Hogan Assessments.
- Familiarity with at least one applicant tracking system.
- Experience of designing and delivering learning materials for interviewers and assessors.
- Experience in technology, media, entertainment or similar industries.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.