Talent Acquisition Specialist (6-month contract)
5 days ago
Who we are
A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. Our portfolio of games are growing and we are scaling our team to bring our games to more players.
We are growing to the next level and to support our big goals for the year we need more resources. You will be integral to helping us hit our ambitious recruitment goals and building out our team over the next 6 months while partnering alongside our current full-time recruiter. Your role will include sourcing, coordinating, interviewing, coaching and consulting hiring managers and delivering a high-quality candidate experience.
The people team consists of three members who work to create a culture that attracts talented and values aligned folks to ATA and empowers them to do their best work. We do this by focusing our work around four pillars. These pillars are employer branding, talent acquisition, training and development, and employee experience. We partner with business leaders across the organization to develop and execute people operation strategies that support ATA.
Things you will work on
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process across engineering, game design, creative, community and marketing roles while providing world-class candidate experience
- Work with the people team and team leads to stay up to date with hiring needs and help fill top priority roles
- Use creative sourcing strategies to build diverse talent pipelines
- Conduct phone screens and sell candidates on ATA as an organization throughout the process
- Schedule virtual interviews
- Act as a partner, advisor, and expert to hiring managers and leadership for all things recruiting
- Own projects to keep building and iterating on our hiring and onboarding process, DEI commitments, data analytics, employer branding initiatives and more
Who you are
Building relationships comes naturally to you. Whether that is working with a hiring manager on a job posting and the requirements for a new role or talking to a candidate on the phone about ATA’s growing teams. You are excited about understanding people’s motivations and if they are a match for an open role at ATA. You are equally excited to source candidates for hard to fill roles or work on employer branding projects to attract the right people to ATA. You understand the need for diverse teams and inclusive processes and always keep this in mind when creating new strategies.
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment for technical roles as well as design, creative, etc and/or a desire to learn more about these disciplines
- Continuous curiosity and desire to improve our recruitment process, seek out new sourcing strategies and uncover insights from the data
- You are driven by metrics and have the ability to dive into data such as conversion rates and use this to inform your approach to a new role
- Strong sourcing skills
- You are extremely organized which enables you to oversee candidate pipelines, schedule interviews and juggle multiple roles at a time
- You have a track record of providing a great candidate experience regardless of whether a candidate is hired including communication, follow ups, negotiation and offers/rejections
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of your tasks
- You care deeply about providing an incredible candidate experience and building our employer brand as the face of ATA to our candidates
Some other things that help are
- Familiarity with our recruiting stack - Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter
- Passion for games and/or previous experience in the digital media/creative technology industry
We have committed to a remote first approach for 2021 with access to in-person collaboration spaces in Vancouver when safe to do so. Our intention is to use 2021 as the foundational year to develop our remote excellence and help shape the future of ATA. This means our roles are currently open to candidates who can work in Canada between the core hours of 11am - 4pm PST.
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. Please consider applying even if you don't meet every qualification. Experience comes in many forms and we value adding diverse perspectives to our teams.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here .