Talent Acquisition Partner
15 days ago
We're searching for a Talent Acquisition Partner to help build our North American game studios in Edmonton, AB, Canada and Seattle, WA, USA! This is a maternity leave cover for approximately a 12-month duration.
The right person will join the Talent team in Edmonton, and play a key role in finding and hiring talented candidates for our studios. We are creating an unannounced game at our Edmonton studio, and this role will also provide recruitment support to the Midwinter team in Seattle with their title, "Scavengers" (recently released into early access).
What will you do?
- Sourcing for challenging technical positions within the games industry;
- Conduct initial presentations/pitches on our games with passive candidates, while representing the studio's brand and culture;
- Providing support and mentorship to more junior members of the Talent team;
- Employer branding, including content creation for social media (this could include written content like blogs/posts, graphics or gifs, video content, etc. for LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms that we know candidates use);
- Facilitate or attend game development events, meetups, or communities;
- Connect and network with people from a variety of backgrounds to support hiring across multiple divisions and roles.
We're looking for someone...
- Experience in recruiting for technical or creative industries (games, tech, entertainment, etc.)
- Highly proficient with sourcing techniques (including Boolean, X-ray, etc.) through LinkedIn and other platforms
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Talented influencer, able to transform a cold lead into a potential hire through selling techniques
- Understanding of compensation and negotiation to close candidates
- Experience developing and mentoring junior talent team members
- Organized and responsive
- Passionate about diversity, inclusion, and belonging
What do we offer?
- Unlimited vacation
- Generous maternity and paternity top-up
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunch daily in the studio (on hold for now)
- A focus on mental health, including yoga/meditation/wellness activities
- Full extended health and dental benefits including a health care spending account
- RRSP matching
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.