This job might no longer be available.
Talent Acquisition Partner
21 days ago
We're searching for a Talent Acquisition Partner to help build our North American game studios in Edmonton, AB, Canada and Seattle, WA, USA!
The right person will join the Talent team in Edmonton, and play a key role in finding and hiring talented candidates for our studios. We are creating an unannounced Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) at our Edmonton studio, and will also provide recruitment support to the Midwinter team in Seattle with their title, "Scavengers" (recently released into early access).
Creating a diverse, inclusive work environment is critical to the work we do in Talent. With that in mind, we are open to supporting candidates who have the right core skills for this position, but may not have yet had an opportunity to work in recruitment! If you are someone who enjoys playing games on any platform, networking and meeting people, and have strong communication skills, please apply even if you don't feel that you meet the qualifications.
What will you do?
- Create an excellent candidate experience by being responsive, organized, and streamlining our interview process for North America;
- Conduct initial interviews with potential candidates, while representing the studio's brand and culture;
- Collaborate with our international People team on projects and initiatives;
- Employer branding, including content creation for social media (this could include written content like blogs/posts, graphics or gifs, video content, etc. for LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms that we know candidates use);
- Campus recruitment, including hosting career info sessions, participating in career fairs, and managing our co-op program;
- Document our processes on the Improbable Canada Wiki;
- Facilitate or attend game development events, meetups, or communities;
- Connect and network with people from a variety of backgrounds to support hiring across multiple divisions and roles.
We're looking for someone...
- Active LinkedIn account (required for this role - easy to set up if you don't currently have one)
- Balanced communicator, able to actively listen and be assertive when needed
- Organized and responsive
- Positive attitude
- Dedicated to learning and growing
- Passionate about diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Background in marketing, communications, psychology, or human resources would be an asset
- Knowledge of advanced searching techniques (i.e. Boolean) an asset
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Lever, GoodTime, LinkedIn Recruiter, Google Suite, Jira/Confluence, Slack, Discord) an asset
What do we offer?
- Unlimited vacation
- Generous maternity and paternity top-up
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunch daily in the studio (on hold for now)
- A focus on mental health, including yoga/meditation/wellness activities
- Full extended health and dental benefits including a health care spending account
- RRSP matching
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.