Tableau Developer (Remote – US)
9 days ago
Job Title:Tableau Developer (Remote – US)
Job Title : Tableau Developer (Remote – US)
Reporting To: Sr. Manager of Productivity
Department : HR Talent and Organizational Development
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
As Tableau Developer you will be responsible for serveing as a technical resource for specific departments or functional areas. Developers work within their respective areas to develop and modify reports and dashboards, provide connections to new and existing data sources, prepare data for use in Tableau, develop extracts, publish data sources and workbooks, develop custom scripts, coordinate releases of data and workbooks, as well as perform complex technical tasks such as integration with R.
The Developer is the department or group’s point of contact for IT for coordination, approvals, migration of data and workbooks between environments, as well as sign-offs prior to migration of objects to the production environment. In some cases, the Developer may also assume Interactor role responsibilities.
The role of a Tableau Developer in the SSA Program is to Design, Develop, Publish, Test and Fix Dashboards and Data Sources. Developer also acts as the secondary point of contact from their department to communicate and co-ordinate with different partners including Functional Users, Tableau Admin Team, Database Administrators, and Data Governance Team etc
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Preparing data for use by Tableau.
- Establishing connections to Data Sources.
- Adding or Creating Dimensions, Measures and Calculations.
- Performing Data Modeling in Tableau Desktop.
- Developing Workbooks and Hyper Extracts on Tableau Desktop.
- Publishing Workbooks and Data Sources to Tableau Development and QA sites.
- Refreshing Extracts on Development and QA sites.
- Monitoring the status of extract schedules on QA site.
- Performing Unit Testing on Development and QA sites.
- Resolving any data or performance issues related to workbooks and data sources.
- Cataloging measures and dimensions in Collibra.
- Requesting access for Interactors and Viewers.
- Follow up Managers for any required approvals.
- Follow up with Interactors/Viewers to complete DocuSign attestations.
- Obtain SVP/Chair/Dean Approvals to request access for P4 dashboards
- Providing knowledge transfer and support to Interactors and Viewers.
- Coordinating with Tableau Admin Team for Production Deployment.
- Providing Tier 1 support for Tableau issues reported by departmental or group personnel.
- Monitoring Usage Report of their Workbooks and Data Sources
- Required 3+ years of Tableau development experience (including recent experience in Tableau 10)
- Advance SQL understanding & writing optimized queries.
- Thorough understanding of data warehouses and dimensional models
- Perform the required data wrangling, be it live or TDE or data blending etc. before connecting to data source from Tableau client.
- Generate operational reports, BI reports, dashboards and data models for various business units through advanced use of Tableau.
- Experience scoping, requirements gathering, implementation, training and ongoing maintenance of multiple reporting systems and related tools.
- Employ root cause analysis for data quality analysis, redundancy elimination, source identification and data reconciliation.
Extra Points For
- Power BI experience
- Experience with building wireframes for partners
- Experience with gathering requirements from partners
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is expected to begin and continue as a remote position.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.