TCS Academy - Layout
14 days ago
The Layout Artist works under the supervision of the Layout/3D Supervisor. They are responsible for the implementation of assets and cameras in a 3D scene. The Layout Artist creates a cinematic vision, based on the 2D storyboard/3D previz, while preserving the original intent of the Director. Also, Layout Artists are expected to perform ingestion of the approved Matchmove elements into the pipeline. In the Academy, they will use their ability to implement and accomplish tasks as per the schedule and curriculum delivered by the trainer.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Trainee Layout Artist include:
- Create camera moves and rough blocking animation within a digital environment.
- Performs environment/scene setups.
- Create scenes and shots by placing characters, props, and environments according to the storyboard/previz.
- Adapt shot staging according to the composition.
- Ingesting the Camera-tracking/Matchmove tasks into the pipeline.
- Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and strong ethics
- Engage in continuous learning
- Submission of assignments by deadlines
What we offer
You are applying to join the Layout Academy. The course facilitates trainees to engage in a 4-week program, whether it’s working out areas of your game that need practice or introducing you to new techniques. These are the perks of being a part of the Academy-
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- You will be hired as an employee (paid) during this virtual training. After completing this course, if selected based on your performance, you will move on the floor in one of Technicolor's VFX studios and extended a 6-12 month contract.
- Recent graduates of bachelor’s in art, animation, game design and illustration. Other graduates with basic animation knowledge can also apply
- Knowledge of Linux, Maya, 3dEqualizer (or other tracking software) required.
- Good understanding about animation blocking and constraints in Maya.
- Ability to handle Matchmove tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines
- The establishing shot
- The 2-character 2-shot
- 2-character moving interaction
- Working with alphas
- Keeping time with the action
- Retiming the shot
- The busy shot
- The standard Matchmove
- Fundamentals of camera body & Understanding of Cam data /Scan count sheet
2D track point
- Undistortion of plate using Lens Grid And Camera SFLU
- Projecting points on Lidar/geo and Getting Basic Camera Track
- Camera Track with Focal Animation
- Geo Building Shot
- All applicants will be asked to complete a standardized skills test.
Applying: Please apply with your demo reel and CV attached.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
TCS Academy is a virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MEANS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A ROLE IN BANGALORE AFTER COMPLETING THE VIRTUAL COURSE
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.