Systems Software Engineer
5 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities for our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- You provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- You have awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- You look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- A passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management,
- and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 10+ years of programming experience. 6+ years of experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architecture.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g., Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $149,150 - $233,500.
- Colorado (depending on location e.g., Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $136,000 - $190,850.
- New York (depending on location e.g., Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $136,000 - $233,500.
- Jersey City, NJ: º $171,100 - $233,500
- Washington (depending on location e.g., Seattle vs. Spokane): º $136,000 - $218,900.
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.