EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, College Football, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to play a key role in shipping a high-quality title. The Systems Engineer works with other domains and production to integrate and develop core technologies, manage and optimize memory, load time, and performance, and help guide the title through the final stages of development.
We’re looking for someone who can help us to drive systems work – everything from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization. Someone who can work through other engineers but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and fix those intricate last minute bugs. Above all, we’re looking for an engineer who is passionate about creating AAA title and is excited to use his/her talent to help us build great games.
You will report to the Development Manager of the team you will be contributing to.
- Debug, fix and improve existing code.
- Helo to provide well-tested and high-quality new features that meet requirements.
- Understand how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Collaborate with other teams and domains on solutions
- Good level of C++, basic understanding of templates, macros, and code generation, basic debugging skills
- Some experience or related studies writing technical documentation, and some understanding of best practices, and architectural considerations
- Some experience or related studies navigating and understanding a client/server codebase, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures
- Some experience with Unreal, Unity or any other game engine
- SQL & Python are a plus
- Interest for data structures and algorithmic efficiency
- Experience of real-time game networking
- Experience working with control version systems (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the debugging tools
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA)