Systems Software Engineer, FIFA
12 days ago
About EA SPORT S : EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
About FIFA franchise : EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne , we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. Join us if you believe this is the right environment for you to succeed .
The Role : As a Systems Software Engineer , you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and buil ding systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game .
You will report to the Development Director and work with your Technical Lead to estimate, build and improve projects. T ogether with a talented team of +20 engineers, you will design , support plan ning and actively contribute to implement ation of new experiences , observing the best practices and framework s. You will be focused on delivering excellent game experiences through efficient and effective code.
- You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedb ack and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- You provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- You have awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- You look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to pro mote collaborative development efforts.
- Collaborate with partner teams, on multiple time zones, to support features delivery and debugging
- Elaborate Technical Briefs and assess/ deliver effort estimations
- Deliver feature within set quality parameters and subsequent project timeline
- Passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical pa rtners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 3 years of Experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.
Nice to Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo game consoles.
- Experience with network optimization and improving service reliability.
- Experience with log analysis and tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.