Systems Software Engineer - EA Sports FC
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FC franchise. EA SPORTS FC is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we're looking for the brightest talent, so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities for our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- You provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- You have awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- You look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Experience with the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management,
- and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 10+ years of programming experience with 6+ years of experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architecture.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.