12 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven systems engineer to join our Infrastructure team.. You’ll help maintain and support our Enterprise IT infrastructure and services, improving technology leveraged across the company. You will collaborate with the IT Infrastructure team and work cross-functionally with other business units as needed to implement and support IT infrastructure. This role will help the company mature our organization by creating documentation and supporting secure and scalable systems. The systems engineer at Skillz will be responsible for adhering to security policies and procedures throughout our enterprise ecosystem. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify needs, support solutions and resolve issues to support the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain OKTA identity management system
- Maintain company security policies and procedures and suggest improvements
- Participate in remediation efforts, performing system maintenance, and regular patching
- Collaborate with business partners on corporate infrastructure accessibility
- Support all enterprise SaaS platforms and infrastructure, including documentation
- Help maintain MDM best practices for Jamf and Intune
- Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of SOX compliance regulations
- Recommend new solutions where appropriate
- Perform root cause analysis and drive resolution on infrastructure related issues
- Respond to any security related issues
- Participate in complex/ large scale IT projects
- Project management for medium scale IT projects
- Configuration and support of complex IT systems
- Partner with procurement to perform RFPs for IT infrastructure tools when needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent IT experience
- 5+ years of work experience in IT infrastructure or another related field
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- Experience in supporting IT systems, secure networks and applications
- A solid understanding of cloud environments and experience in SaaS models, and cloud infrastructure
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience with identity management platforms such as Okta, AzureAD, AD, etc.
- Experience with MDM, VPN and endpoint management
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with Google Workspace or O365 administration
- Experience with SOX compliance and experience of performing support compliance efforts
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Process oriented, with the ability to document and execute IT processes
- Experience with Tableau server
- Experience with Github
- Understanding of IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, NIST, DISA STIG
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.