12 days ago
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for an experienced Systems Programmer to join the team in our Nova Scotia studio in Canada. We’re a small team that supports the games teams with tools and technology, to enable our games to run and be successful. This is an exciting and varied role, working on tools and technology across multiple platforms using the Unity engine. The team has a lot of autonomy and the ability to make a significant impact in an already successful studio.
- Working closely with game development teams in London, UK and the technical team in Nova Scotia to solve the many diverse technical challenges involved in developing multiple titles on multiple platforms
- Tackling a wide variety of technical challenges including, but not limited to, platform ports, automated testing, server development, third-party SDK integration, analytics, social networking, advertising, and platform-specific features
- Designing and writing code in a maintainable and easily updatable manner, ready to be used by programmers in the London Studio on multiple game titles both existing and in the future
- Documenting systems delivered such that they can be used by remote programmers who may not have any prior knowledge of the system.
- Working closely with stakeholders to ensure clarity of requirements and appropriateness of design. Delivering incremental solutions and seeking feedback to ensure transparency at all times. Adjusting priorities or design approach to changing ideas or business needs
- Previous commercial experience working in a complex technical environment
- Strong software design and code skills, preferably in C# or C++
- A keen interest in creating technology to help other developers with a service mindset
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with remote teams
- A degree in Computer Science or something similar
- Unity, console, PC or mobile game development experience would all be pluses, but not necessary if the candidate demonstrates a propensity to be able to learn new technologies.
- Prior knowledge of web services
Life at Hutch
Our Canadian office is based in the beautiful coastal town of Mahone Bay, NS with our HQ based in Shoreditch, London. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
- Pension - Matched RRSP contributions
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- 4 day work week (30 hours/week)*
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, Thursday drinks, team lunches and much more
*from June - December 2022, Hutch will be trialing a 4 day working week.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.