11 days ago
Job Title:Systems Engineer
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer to join our Productivity and Collaboration team. The P&C team is responsible for the infrastructure and services which support collaboration with productivity suites like Office 365 and Google Workspace (G Suite) along with SaaS enterprise services.
This role will focus on support for our Office 365, Google Workspace services and constantly growing SaaS enterprise services like Slack, Monday.com, Miro, ProofPoint, Staffbase, etc,. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting these productivity and collaboration platforms. If you nerd-out on sharing and collaboration, talk about email protection over dinner, and dream about automated lifecycle management and data archiving, we want to hear from you! This role will specialize on service infrastructure and will address the enterprise-level choices which enable collaboration across the entire company and empower administrators to support our end users.
A good Systems Engineer is a self-starter who watches for every area of improvement and proactively drives new solutions to stay ahead the company’s needs. Thinks code first and look for opportunities to automate and self-service. Working directly with our project management and other IT teams, this role will drive decisions which shape our services for years to come. This role also works directly with our Security team to review proposed configurations before implementing, and to address any issues with existing infrastructure.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, deploy, integrate, and delegate Blizzard’s Office 365 and Google Workspace services.
- Manage related productivity & collaboration services such as hybrid Exchange environment, SMTP relays, and SaaS enterprise services, Slack, Monday.com, Miro, etc.
- Support SharePoint sites, lists, and shared content/folders.
- Monitor service health and improve monitoring toolkits for better service insight and alerting.
- Think code first and promote a Devops way of working with an emphasis on self-service
- Create documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledge Base articles, and Troubleshooting Guides which promote user and administrator self-service.
- Support our collaboration services during business hours and in an on-call rotation.
- Provide guidance to integration teams and other administrators from across the business.
- 3 years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing Office 365
- 3 years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing on-prem or hybrid Exchange.
- 3 years’ experience engineering new enterprise solutions from requirements gathering through implementation, documentation, and operational handoff.
- 5 years’ experience diagnosing and troubleshooting IT services, leveraging logical problem solving to quickly identify and address root causes.
- 2 years’ experience leveraging PowerShell and/or other languages like Python to automate administrative tasks
- 2 years’ experience managing and supporting SharePoint for internal and external collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Bonus Points For
- Experience designing and managing Google Workspace/G Suite.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Experience migrating between collaboration and email platforms
- Experience implementing and managing Okta SSO
- Experience with email edge protection (ex. Proofpoint)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, or knowledge of DevOps principles
- Virtualization experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Love for video games and other geeky stuff.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.