27 days ago
Job Title:Systems Engineer
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reporting To: Director, IT Events
Department: IT Operations
Location: Irvine, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Systems Engineer, Leagues
Activision Blizzard Esports is seeking a high performing, and versatile Systems Engineer to join the League IT team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powering The Overwatch League and Call of Duty League across US and Global locations.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences to our players and community. As a Systems Engineer in this role, you will deploy and manage on-site server and network infrastructure at venues, and within our lab, help support the main event on site and online, and work closely with the rest of the league to deliver high quality shows. Excellent troubleshooting skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical.
- Build automation and configuration management processes for Windows desktops and servers
- Manage and administer the local on-site server infrastructure.
- Manage and administer the local network infrastructure, including ISP turn up and extending network to areas within the venue.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting server availability.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
- Assist Desktop and Program Managers in set up and deployment at each event.
- Work online and live shows during weekends and some holidays.
- Support Windows PC’s during live stage matches.
- Work with other internal teams to integrate new systems and network architecture.
- Work with the development teams to prepare and administer event game services.
- Strong familiarity administering Linux systems running RHEL/CentOS.
- Potential travel to locations globally to ensure flawless execution
Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ in Systems Administration or equivalent experience.
- Scripting knowledge of Powershell, Bash, Python, or other similar languages.
- Knowledge of package management including Nuget and Chocolatey
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management and automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Familiarity managing and configuring monitoring tools such as Datadog, Telegraf, Grafana, Prometheus
- Intermediate knowledge operating and managing services in a public cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience administering Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Strong PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of gaming hardware
- Experience with Nvidia and AMD drivers, features and capabilities
- Understanding of game display technology, HDR, GSync, and Freesync
- Experience administering a Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 environment.
- Experience managing a virtualized infrastructure such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Intermediate familiarity administering Linux systems running CentOS or RHEL.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ, VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience administering Dell PowerEdge server hardware.
- Experience configuring and deploying Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Experience running and terminating Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet.
- Familiarity with PC image deployment tools such as Fog or MDT.
- Strong inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.