This job might no longer be available.
Shanghai Shanghai 200072 China
23 days ago
Job Title:Systems Engineer
Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel. If you’re excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we’d love to hear from you!
You will join our department and help shape technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs.
You will improve efficiency in our existing hardware fleet and services and ensure that we evolve our technologies to meet the current and future demands of us and our internal customers.
You will drive us towards infrastructure as code using frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform. Our goal is to provide data center and cloud infrastructure in a secure, scalable and repeatable way!
Your Day to Day:
- Work on key infrastructure projects involving multiple teams
- Troubleshoot and debug, often in collaboration with other teams
- Provide compute and storage infrastructure for virtualized and containerized workloads to other teams in Demonware
- Manage compute systems and storage solutions in our data centers encompassing related inventory, provisioning, and overall lifecycle management.
- Act as an escalation point for systems and services owned by the team
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, RRSP matching and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
- 3+ years practical infrastructure experience, preferably in high-volume and/or critical production service environments
- Experience with compute and network hardware and architecture
- Firm grasp of Linux administration and core operating system concepts
- A desire to automate all the things
- Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems at root cause
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies
- Working knowledge of open source software and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM) and/or Linux containers (e.g. LXC/LXD, Docker)
- Familiarity with common system services (e.g. PXE, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SNMP, LDAP, HTTP)
- Interest in distributed file systems (e.g. Gluster, Ceph)
- Strong scripting skills: Unix shell programming and ideally at least one of Python or Ruby