Systems Engineer - Player Investment
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PROGRAMMING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of programming experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Fortnite's Player Expression team is responsible for equipping our players with an incredible diversity of looks and styles to show off their personality and interests. As a senior programmer on this team, you'll be pushing the envelope for customization and player choice across the Fortnite ecosystem - from characters to cars to entirely new experiences.
In this role, you will
- Architect, plan, and implement new game systems while optimizing and fixing bugs in existing systems
- Be a team player, learning with your peers and improving process as you go
- Build relationships with adjacent teams including art, performance, animation tech, and automation
- Support technical excellence of a live service game across multiple platforms
- Write robust, maintainable code with extensibility in mind
- Advocate for the player experience, preserving and enhancing the library of cosmetics players have acquired
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience designing and building robust systems
- A passion for games with a willingness to focus on visual but gameplay-adjacent areas
- Initiative, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills to work within a geographically distributed team and reach across team boundaries
- Unreal Engine development experience preferred but not required
This role is open to multiple locations across North America & Europe (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Washington Base Pay Range
$72,545 — $106,399 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.