This job might no longer be available.
Systems Engineer II
10 days ago
SummaryWe're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content, or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. We're continually pushing the bar of creativity with cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy, and Lightning Link, and our award-winning app Heart of Vegas.
What you'll do
The Systems Engineers are responsible for providing highly technical service-level support to customers on Aristocrat-supported product lines released in Class II, Class III, Historic Horse Racing, and Video Lottery Terminal markets. In this role, you will be working with cutting-edge technology & apply fresh ideas and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day.
The position is responsible for system requirements analysis and the preparation of technical specifications and documentation for support of systems software and hardware within our test lab and production environments. The Systems Engineer II will ensure all resource requirements for Field Engineering in the areas of (but not limited to) installation, upgrade, and monitoring are available via lab training, documentation, or other technical resources. The Systems Engineer II will work closely with internal/external customers to ensure appropriate product rollout information and documentation, as well as issue escalations, transpire. The Systems Engineer II will be skilled with advanced knowledge in the configuration of hardware and software for server-based gaming environments as well as network and storage solutions. This role will require critical thinking skills, collecting and reviewing field data, and thinking outside the box to replicate performance issues within the lab environment. An individual invested in continuous Quality improvements, Customer Service focus, problem-solver, and strong communication skills would be an ideal candidate for the role.
- Provide support to Aristocrat Service Center for Class II, Class III, Historic Horse Racing, Video Lottery Terminals, and Casino Management System hardware/software support. Which includes after-hours support on 24/7 on-call weekly rotation within the team.
- Supports the Engineering, Development, and QA Environments by working in our lab environment to support - including but not limited to - Hypervisor Systems, Physical and Virtual Game Server Instances, new and emerging systems, Network Switches, and Storage.
- Identifies and proposes process improvement initiatives for improving execution speed and quality for the distribution of Game Servers in both virtual and physical environments in a resourceful & effective way.
- Provides support to other System Engineers on assigned tasks and mentorship of new associates.
- Verifies production installation & configuration parameters to ensure that all Field Engineering team members understand the installation, configuration, and support processes are in conformance with the site specifications.
- Responsibilities include working with customers, Aristocrat team members, and other technical stakeholders to identify, analyze, and document defects, field concerns, performance errors, and inconsistencies reported from the field.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation and working directly with customers to resolve complex performance problems.
- Must be self-motivated, can work independently or within a group with minimal supervision, work through open-ended situations, and re-prioritize field requests based on severity.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, diagnose, and seek solutions for field performance issues presented to the team.
- Reproduce field issues in the test/lab environment as validation checkpoints, identify root causes, & workarounds for support.
- Responsible for drafting technical support documentation & create knowledge sharing dashboards/reports for new products & field performance issues.
- Provide onsite support for new product launches, trade shows, and special projects support.
- Contain quality first & a critical thinking mindset with all projects, reports, and making recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Work with the team to improve processes, provide design enhancement recommendations for future product releases, and analyze field data for performance issues. (upgrades/changes/performance spikes).
- Experience with Remedy, Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, networking, and experience with SAS & g2s protocols a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technologies, or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of troubleshooting/support experience related to server-based gaming markets or related technology experience.
- Experienced in enterprise IT deployment, and infrastructure Systems Administration, with CompTIA certifications in A+, Network+ and Server+
- Demonstrate experience with installation and troubleshooting Windows-based server software, configuration, and optimization of server hardware in high volume environments, & installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server and other appropriate relational database management systems.
- Experience implementing and using server virtualization technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V) required.
- Strongly prefer one or more certifications in Systems Administration, Virtualization, Networking, and/or Storage technologies
- Demonstrate proficiency in TCP/IP networking configurations on Windows servers.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, paired with strong multitasking abilities.
- This position will require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NVGB) and other gaming jurisdictions in which Aristocrat operates.