Systems Engineer II
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSystems Engineer II
SummaryThe Systems Engineer II (Applications) is responsible for system requirements analysis and the preparation of technical specifications for internal and Class II Casino VGT applications.
What you'll do
The Systems Engineer II (Applications) is responsible for system requirements analysis and the preparation of technical specifications for internal and Class II Casino VGT applications. This includes working with clients to understand new application functionality as well as design, development, implementation, and support of the applications.
The Systems Engineer II (Infrastructure) is responsible for maintaining, configuring, and improving VGT’s Class II Casino Infrastructure. This includes working with clients to understand new and current Infrastructure needs as well as design, development, implementation, and support applications/system running on the infrastructure.
This has been designated as a safety-sensitive job because it involves performing one or more tasks/duties that could reasonably affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task(s) or others.
Key Performance Competencies
- Customer Focused
- Communication Skills
- Technical Knowledge
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and analyzes application systems to develop an understanding of internal customer business requirements
- Develops solutions for existing system performance issues as well as applications for new systems
- Tracks and troubleshoots infrastructure and application problems and communicates with customer as resolutions are implemented
- Evaluates user requirements and proposes optimal solutions
- Analyzes current operational procedures, identifies problems, and learns specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify software applications
- Maintains application performance on the network and operating system during development, modification, and support
- Upgrades system and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation
- Research and recommend new technologies for increased stability of applications.
- Mentors junior level Systems Engineers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license (similar requirements to a security clearance)
What we're looking for
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012+
Additional Knowledge/Skills Required for Infrastructure Concentration
- Must have Active Directory Experience
- Knowledge of Nutanix platform preferred
- Strong Understanding and Experience with Windows Server 2012+
- Knowledge and Understanding of Virtual Environments
- Conceptual Knowledge of Networking both Public and Private
- Proficient with Power Shell Scripting
- Understanding of Linux
- Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery concepts
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of system engineering experience in a production environment
- The physical demands of typical office positions are expected. The ability to sit and perform terminal/computer work for lengthy periods is expected.
- This is a non-smoking office environment.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.