Systems Engineer - DevOps
San Francisco, CA
6 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished Systems Development Engineer who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer-first partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to evolve the value of Twitch IT’s engineering organization. You’ll help create internal applications that support the corporate side of Twitch. You’ll also work with our Production Operations group to ensure performance, reliability, scalability monitoring and metrics. Lastly, you’ll mentor other engineers and establish a solid technology foundation to further iterate upon. You will be a solid Systems Engineer, who is proficient in developing automation and manage systems, and who is comfortable with a broad set of IT disciplines. You will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Engineering.
If you are someone who enjoys translating complex requirements into scalable, technical solutions and believes in the ability to develop the skills and talents of other engineers, then please apply!
- Cloud Infrastructure. Manage back-end services like our data warehouses, front-end services, infrastructure components, and everything in between.
- Systems Management. Drive ease of monitoring and reduction of operational overhead.
- Automation. Develop tooling and automation around operational tasks, write and review code, create documentation and capacity plans.
- Design. Participate in technical architecture review around operations.
- Collaboration. Work with other teams to deep-dive complex issues.
- Operations. Assess and respond to operational issues, participate in on-call rotation and be an engineering escalation contact for service incidents.
- An Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience building available/clustered infrastructure
- 2+ years experience programming/scripting in Python, Go, or similar
- Experience learning software, frameworks, and APIs
- 2+ years experience in configuration management (Chef/Ansible/Puppet)
- Experience in infrastructure as code (CloudFormation or Terraform)
- 5+ years experience working in teams and working with partners to support multi-departmental technology programs
- An understanding of AWS and the services it offers
- Requires an understanding of networks and networking
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us and can be good teachers and mentors
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, EFS, or RDS)
- Experience building and testing user-facing projects and have an understanding about both user behavior and product design
- Experience working with security teams to build secure solutions from the design-phase
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.