Blizzard Entertainment’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer to join our Platform: tools and automation team. This team is responsible for the tooling and automation of our infrastructure which is consumed by our development teams to make our games.
This role will focus on working with our development teams to combine infrastructure best practices with CI/CD methodologies. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting common infrastructure automation frameworks such as puppet, ansible, terraform, Jenkins, etc. If you nerd-out on automation, building things that scale, working with world class development teams, and enjoy building awesome things with awesome people, we want to hear from you!
A good Systems Engineer is a self-starter who watches for every area of
improvement and proactively drives new solutions to stay ahead the company’s
needs. Working directly with our project management and development teams, this role will drive decisions which shape our services for years to come.
- Utilize various tools and frameworks to build solutions for our development teams
- Build independent tools for a variety of business challenges
- Monitor service health and improve monitoring toolkits for better service insight and alerting
- Solve tough and complex business problems, utilizing both repeatable and creative solutions
- Connect existing tools and platforms together, eliminating manual work
- Provide on call support as part of an on-call escalation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of several languages such as python, C, java, powershell, puppet, chef
- Strong understanding of security best practices, and both its theory and practical implementation
- Strong understanding of instrumentation and telemetry
- Strong understanding of the Windows operating system
- Understanding of the Mac operating system
- 3+ years of writing code for use in large organizations
- Strong understanding of CI and build pipelines
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Experience working in an enterprise environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, or knowledge of DevOps principles
- Virtualization experience with VMware
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Love for video games and other geeky stuff
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!