20 days ago
Arkane Studios is looking for a Systems Designer to join our unique and talented team in Austin, Texas.
As an integral part of the Arkane Austin team, this role requires you to work on and contribute to all aspects of the game’s design. You will review and iterate on work in progress systems and features while coordinating with the lead designer and creative director to help maintain and promote the vision of the game. As all systems and features involve multiple departments, cross-discipline communication will be key to making sure everyone understands what the goal of the feature is and seeing it to completion in a polished, AAA state.
- Design, implement and support various game systems and mechanics.
- Work to improve the the player experience with an eye toward efficiency and (re)usability.
- Must maintain clear and concise documentation for all balance and game mechanics they are responsible for.
- Maintain and iterate on various systems that can work together to create dynamic, emergent player experiences.
- Work with Design Leads and Creative Director to implement any changes necessary based on feedback, and be responsive and amenable to such changes as content relates to the bigger picture.
- 3+ years of game design experience on a shipped or live product.
- Strong game design sensibilities.
- Professional or Independent experience with game development tools such as Unreal Engine, id tech, and Unity.
- Experience with scripting, in text or visual forms.
- Excellent communication, documentation, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate problems.
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice