12 days ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Systems Designer.
As a Systems Designer, you will be responsible for designing complex economies and game systems from initial concept, to prototype, asset integration, tuning and polish with the support of senior designers. This position will be responsible for both implementation and balance of multiple systems that reach across the majority of the game. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of game design theory and tools, possess strong documentation skills, a desire to learn and level up their abilities, and have the talent to produce and implement quality work. This is your chance to define a new generation of gaming and entertainment.
- Design and build player systems for a tense and action packed first-person action horror game.
- Deliver functional systems and iterate on them with the larger design team.
- Collaborate with UI Engineers and UI Designers to solve high level UX problems and present information to the player in a clear and effective manner.
- Design, iterate on and execute in-game economies.
- Work with Engineers to define how the player character interacts with the world around them.
- Generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals to team.
- Spearhead and deliver work on time and on schedule.
- Passionate about games.
- 2+ years of game industry experience designing and implementing game systems.
- Deep understanding of game design.
- Very comfortable working in game editors and understanding engine/game constraints.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology, JIRA, Perforce, etc.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong, updated and current portfolio with samples of your work.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.