Systems Designer - DCUO
4 months ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Bring your favorite DC comic book characters off the page and into the massively multiplayer action game DCUO on PC and consoles
- Design, develop, and maintain engaging multiplayer gameplay systems (items, combat, reward loops, crafting) while collaborating with other disciplines
- Grow your leadership skills by taking point on identified system improvements and implementations
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Comfortable in Unreal 3 and visual scripting
- Craft standards: Exemplary data entry and management of game database assets, with strong understanding of stat curves, player progression systems, and gameplay loops
- Documentation: Strong skills in creating design proposals and system specifications
- Live Product: Strong experience developing for a live product with at least 1 shipped MMO, Action, or RPG title preferred (4 years Game Designer experience preferred)
- Bonuses: Passion for comics and superheroes (E.g. is your dog’s name Krypto? Perfect! Also, familiarity with C# or scripting languages
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Note: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*