Systems Animator - BioWare
8 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Create and implement animation using mocap, keyframe and in-engine tools.
- Iterate and refine animation, based on both aesthetics and feel.
- Collaborate with Designers, Technical Animators, Programmers, VFX Artists, Audio Designers, and Production Partners to fully realize narrative moments in game.
- Work with our Outsource Animation Director to provide feedback to external partners.
- Ability to engage with and plan out interactive animation systems.
- Collaborate with Design, Writing, Animator
- Strong traditional animation skills and the ability apply them to gameplay, cinematics and non-traditional forms of content.
- Proficiency in Maya and Motionbuilder
- Proficiency in runtime engine animation workflows including state machines, cinematic tools & procedural systems
- 2+ years of related industry experience would be preferred. Ideal candidate has experience in the full development cycle of AAA gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- All submissions must include a demo reel showing personal and/or professional artwork - ideal submissions include demonstration of anim systems and applications across multiple traditional disciplines.